Monday, July 5, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Friday marked the final day of Brooklyn's two week long bout of swimming lessons. Which means it was a PARTY DAY!!

This is the "Willow Creek Swirl" here in Lamar - named by a girl I used to babysit (just in case anyone was interested:).



This is Brooklyn having a great time at her party! She went down this slide as many times as she could get in before time was up.



A few weeks ago we went as a family night swimming and went with Brooklyn every time she wanted to go on the slide. Eventually she decided she wanted to go by herself and ran up the stairs ahead of me. I called to her to wait for me and hurried to catch up. As soon as I rounded the last bend of stairs she was gone. And she had no life jacket on. And she hadn't started her swimming lessons yet. So I had to first give the life guard on duty an evil eye for letting her go down on her own without question, and then yell to the life guard below to jump in and catch the little girl who was coming down.

A little embarrassing to say the least.

As I watched Brooklyn come down, I noticed she was now going head first on her back with a scared look on her face and I was hoping she learned her lesson. You can't ignore your mom and get away with it. But as soon as she popped up out of the water she smiled and yelled, "I did it by myself!" Yes, she did. And she also gave her mother a heart attack.

And this was where you could find Abby. Cooling her feet off in the pool. Luckily no one cared that she was borrowing the pool! I found her also splashing her arms and face with the nice cool water. Hey, if you're hot, you're hot.



Jace and I mostly stayed under the tiny amount of shade that could be found. It was actually rather hard to keep him occupied and happy for the 30 minute time slot. He mostly wanted to crawl around on the concrete which I just couldn't allow. This concrete is "slip proof" and tears up your barefeet as is. I can't imagine what it would do to my little baby's knees. So by the end of the half hour we both were ready to come home!


Well to answer the big question - No, Brooklyn cannot swim. But she did have a great time bobbing around! Maybe next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers