Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What a Week!

With summer here it feels like we just never stop!! It feels good to be busy but there's nothing like getting the kids to bed and just crashing on the couch 'til my bedtime!

On Saturday we went boating. This is the first time that I've been out since I had Jace (so it's been awhile). I don't like taking the kids out when they are so little because they hate their life jackets and I hate for them to be without one (although I don't think they'd hurl themselves overboard you just never know!). So Darren convinced me to go out and then convinced my parents (extra babysitters!) to come out too.
We had a great time and I didn't even feel that rusty on the wakeboard considering it's been 2 years. Unfortunately, a few hours into it and several miles from the docks our boat stopped working! We had to flag someone down (which was a feat) and they towed us to the docks (which was also a feat). The people we just happened to flag down had an aluminum fishing boat which stopped about 4 times on our way in. So consider it a blessing that we made it back!
The girls swimming with Dad, Jace and Pa
Our first boat outing ( meaning mine and Jace's together)! By the way, Jace's hair is standing up like that because of the massive amount of sunblock I sprayed directly onto his scalp! He refuses to keep a hat on - I had no choice.




Abby's getting pretty good on the kneeboard - she just goes on her stomach.
Daddy and his boy. Jace loves the water - he just doesn't love his life jacket as much! But he did great swimming around. A little fish in the making!
I guess the only person who avoided the camera was Grandma Suzette. She was there though and was" just about to go on the skiis" when we broke down! The good news is Darren just finished fixing the boat so maybe we'll do it again next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. How are your 360's coming? Mine are all right...usually I put a little too much "oomph" in my spin and I end up doing a 720 (you know. A double spin) I'll show you what I mean in Utah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's doing spins?! I don't believe it and also tell Grandma Suzette that we are ready to see her ski at Jordanelle.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers