Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Guess Who's 1?

Jace had his first birthday on Monday and we were more than happy to party with him! We celebrated on Sunday and now Brooklyn thinks everyone has a birthday for 2 days:)


Here's Abby and Brooklyn giving him his birthday loves. They were more than willing to show the little guy what a birthday is all about!



Look at those long, colorful ribbons!!



It is fun to have a birthday!



And guess what else? Jace can stand!! And walk!!




Well ok, he's still learning but he can take 4,5 sometimes 10 steps! We're so proud of our little guy! Go Jace!

And here he is with his caterpillar cake. I also gave him a caterpillar bath towel - get it? We had theme!




He really loved it. I mean who wouldn't? Brightly colored, furry little balls. That fit just perfectly in his small hands. And, yes, he did make a grab for them. And, yes, Grandma Suzette was quick enough to stop too much damage. That's when he decided a foot in the cake was just as good and gave it a good kick! It left just a small heel imprint so we gave that piece to Dad!

Yummy!



Here are a few other things that Jace has been up to:

-He learned how go down stairs. He's been going up the stairs for a few months.
-He never stops eating! And if I think he's done when he's not he'll let me hear about it.
-He climbs everything - chairs, tables, toys, furniture. And then panic when he can't get down.
-He loves to get into my tupperware drawer and throw everything out.
-If he hears the shower turn on he races to the bathroom and bangs until someone lets him in.
And then gets upset if he's not getting a bath.
-He's loud. Very loud. Especially in church.
-He's finally sleeping through the night. Bedtime between 8 and 8:30 and wake-up between 6:30 and 7:30.
-He loves to bang on my new, expensive lamp. He'll use any hard object he can find. And if nothing is around he'll use his hands. The lamp is metal so it makes a nice loud ring for him. Every single time.
-He's got two teeth on bottom and 4 teeth on top. More than either of my girls had at this time.
(In fact, I don't think Abby had any teeth for her 1st birthday!)
-He loves his sisters but gets so excited when he sees other little boys.
-I love his little crawl. It's so cute. We have hardwood floors and when he was first learning how
to crawl he couldn't get a good grip and his legs kept slipping. So he started pulling one leg
underneath him and getting a grip with his toes. Sorry, hard to explain...
-We've had just a few days of whole milk and he's not taking to it - at all!
-I love his big, blue eyes and his cute little cackle!

Really I just love everything about this little guy and can't believe we've had him here for year already! Happy Birthday Jace!
P.S. Brooklyn was not in the mood for a picture!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, maybe he can be roommates with my little boy at college! I love that pic of him grinning in front of the big present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe he is already 1 and I don't even know him. Brooklyn sounds like quite the girl, she actually sounds a little like our Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello blondie....nice to meet you. My name is brunette. As in I just got my hair done and have no blonde left. At all. Guess we won't be twinners after all!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers