Sunday, July 18, 2010

Annie

The other day I could hear Abby and Brooklyn singing "It's a Hard Knock Life". You know, from little orphan Annie. Anyway, I was just thinking how well they were playing together and sat back to enjoy the music. I was in my blissful state for about 10 minutes (yes, they really do sing for that long) when my brain turned on and I started wondering what they were really up to.

So I quietly tiptoed to the bedroom to peak in on them (I didn't want to interrupt anything - they weren't crying, or complaining, or asking for snacks...) when I discovered they were not in their bedroom.

Hmmm.....

So I moved on to the bathroom. And I found them. With a spray bottle and a dozen of my once clean towels. They were "scrubbing"the bathroom floor. Just like Annie.

And they were singing "It's a Hard Knock Life". Just like Annie.

They were the little orphans.

I looked more closely. Nothing had been untouched. The floor was soaking wet. The mirror dripped with water. The door glistened with its new shine. My towels layed in a sopping heap. I wanted to cry. But then I looked at two little girls faces. They were lost in an imaginative world. They beamed up at me. Why? Because they had helped me out by scrubbing the bathroom!

I just laughed. What can you say to those cute little faces? Sometimes it's hard to remember that they'll only be little once! And after all, my bathroom was "clean"! Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

  1. That's when you decide to just slink away unnoticed. After all, the damage is already done. Might as well let them continue their game!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers