Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin Carving!!  It's always seems much more fun to start in on the pumpkin carving than it actually ends up being!  All of my kids bravely attempted to clean out their pumpkins and then Grandma and Mom had to take over. (Dad was nowhere to be found.  He was salmon fishing in California! And Pa conveniently left just as the knives were being pulled out.)
Abby did all of the carving on her pumpkin by herself and was very proud about being the only child who had no help.  In fact, she mentioned it several times:)

Brooklyn chose to do a cat pumpkin.  We had one last year and really loved it.  Abby's was also a cat.  I'm hoping for something a little more spooky next year!! Brooklyn did a little bit of carving on hers and grandma helped with most of it.  I think Brooklyn's pumpkin was the thickest pumpkin we have ever carved in to!  I now know how some of those elaborate pumpkin designs are made.  Talk about having a lot of pumpkin to work with. 


Jace carried over  his pirate costume theme to his pumpkin. He did no carving.  He didn't even supervise.  He took off as soon as he got messy. 


But he was quick to get those pumpkins lit up after we had the mess all cleaned up.  Sorry Colby.   Next year after my tendinitis heals up and your dad is around to help clean out those pumpkins I'll carve you one.  I guess I could have at least put him in the picture, but I was worried about those flames! Anyway, don't they look great?  Happy Pumpkin Carving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers