Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Picking

It's pumpkin time!!!  We love, love, love our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch and were a little worried it wasn't going to happen this year.  My Grampa Sim takes us to the pumpkin patch every year (he works for the farm) but this year he has been very sick and I had just planned on not making it.  Fortunately for us, Grandma Lu stepped in and said we were going!  Grampa even felt good enough to call us from the hospital in Denver while we were at the pumpkin patch.  It was almost as if he had a 6th sense and knew we were there....ok, I think he did know we were headed there and had to get in on the action.  We were just happy he called!

It's a race to find the best pumpkin!

It didn't take long for the girls to pick out their pumpkins.


Jace looked for ones that were just the right size for him and Colby.  He didn't want anything to do with the great big ones! 


Colby's perfect pumpkin.


Did I mention that Brooklyn found her perfect pumpkin right at the start?  And this was her 5th or 6th pumpkin.  Or maybe 10th.  I don't know.  All I know is that we had a van full of pumpkins.  Some for everyone - grandma's, grandpa's, uncles, great-aunts, neighbors.  You name it, we picked it. 




 I think Abby even found a giant squash-pumpkin.  It was a mutant of some kind anyway.  Oh, and  a white pumpkin.  It's very rare and very special.  And I didn't get a picture of it....


Here we all are.


With just a fraction of the pumpkins we actually picked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers