Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter! We made it to our annual Easter Egg Hunt at the park. The day, as usual on Easter Egg Hunt Day, was freezing but surprisingly not windy. Jace was in one age group and the girls were in another so I was unable to get "action" shots. So here they are after the big race (which took like 30 seconds!).




I wasn't sure how Jace would do and he wasn't sure of exactly what to do for most of the race. But he started running with me about halfway through and by the end he was picking up eggs with both hands! And then it was over!


I didn't get to even see the girls in their hunt but from what Darren said they did fine. Brooklyn didn't have a very deep basket and half way through looked down to see a very empty basket. She had been dumping them as she swung her arms to run really fast! She was shocked!




Here we are on Easter Sunday. This was taken after church and no one was really in the mood for pictures ( by that I really mean Darren - who is never in the mood for any picture taking. No matter what the occasion).



Shortly thereafter Brooklyn picked up on "someone's" sour mood. Brooklyn obviously didn't want to smile at this point (which was the 2nd picture we took.....) but since we were self-timing it we didn't notice until after the fact.




Now she's very upset that I would be showing the world her grumpy face:)




After we bribed Brooklyn with her Easter candy she was willing to try a few more shots with her sister. They wanted to show off their Easter dresses that Grandma Dena had bought for them.


We ended up eating Easter dinner with some friends. We generally eat with all my family but my mom was out of town helping my Grandma Hyde and my Grandma Lu wasn't feeling well, and my dad was happy to just watch Fox News so we altered tradition a little bit. All in all we had a great Easter and feel very blessed to know of our Saviour's atoning sacrifice for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers