Thursday, May 19, 2011

Carnival!

Abby and Brooklyn have been waiting all year for this past weekend. It is "the" weekend. Lamar Days. Where we get to have fun all day long. We generally start the day out by going to a pancake breakfast (we skipped it this year), swinging by for the parade where we get loaded up on crap candy, and then head on over to the carnival which parks itself right across the street from our house.

So here we are just a ways down from the carnival where they were giving FREE pony rides. That's right. Thank goodness for something free on carnival day otherwise poor little Jace may just have had no fun at all! We got the girls all day bracelets but I just couldn't get myself to get one for Jace too. There were only two rides that he could have gone on and while I'm sure he would have loved it I just didn't want to the hassle. I would have had to go with him on both rides and they were making the adults pay to go with the kids (can you say rip-off?) and Darren was at a golf tournament so I was alone and you get the idea. Anyway, lucky for me Jace was just as happy watching everything that was happening around him as he was about any rides. (Until I broke down and bought him a few tickets to go on the carousel and then that's all he wanted to do - which I knew would happen so I waited until later in the afternoon. Smart move!)






Here are Abby and Brooklyn headed for their first time ever on the Pirate Ship. They were so excited and hadn't actually paid enough attention to it before getting on.



Like I said - exciting.






And fun.






Until the first really big swoop.





And then it was more like panic mode.





And relief at finally being done.






It was really funny watching it in person. The swore they were never getting back on that ride again. But surprisingly they both did. Abby ended up loving it and going again and again. But Brooklyn went just one more time to be "brave" and called it quits. She spent more time on the huge slide and the fire truck that went up and down slowly.




The girls had a blast as usual and Jace was a lot better than I thought he might be. I envisioned three children all crazy with excitement running in three different ways and me just standing there wondering who to chase first. Luckily, he was able to stay in his stroller for a lot of the time and just watch. Goodbye Lamar Days! We'll see you next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers