Thursday, December 10, 2009

Brrrrr....

Well, it's been cold here in Lamar- really cold. In fact, it has been so frigid that I have not even gotten my running in this week. Lame, I know. I just don't think that -4 degree weather is good for the lungs! So, what have I been doing? Well, since I haven't gone running in this weather, I've decided to instead see how many sugar cookies I can eat in a single day. And the tally is at ....(drumroll please) Ok, I haven't really counted. In fact, I've done what I can to lose count! I feel that it's best to celebrate Christmas in it's entirety- Tis the season after all:) We have gotten our Christmas tree up and all the decorations on. This may not seem like a big deal, but if you saw my sisters blog you'd know that the 2 of us are insane when it comes to decorating the tree. Meaning there is no twig left undecorated (or left undecorated multiple times:) It is quite the undertaking and my husband refuses to be around until it's done for fear of my wrath ( I'm really not that crazy - but close to!). The stockings are hung and the lights are lit! I thought I'd share my sewing project from last year. This is a huge accomplishment for me since I can't even sew in a straight line. My friend Joan helped me with it, but I did do all of the sewing (and all of the seam ripping!). We put our designer hats on and came up with about 7 different patterns and designs. I painstakingly hand sewed all the beads on each stocking in different patterns. It took forever and I now have tendinitis in my little wrists, but it does make my little stockings sparkle!


Darren's stocking is first and then mine has the big bow. The girls get to pick out which ones they want each year (since I have extra's) and all of the kids stockings are slightly smaller and have white fur on the cuffs. You can't really see the beads but trust me, they're there!



I am in love with my baby stocking - I think I will have to put it out every year baby or not!

5 comments:

  1. Those stockings are adorable! I love them. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you noticed that most pre-made stockings hang the other way? I also made our stockings, and can never find extra stockings to hang the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Extra" stockings??? How many? Are there more Robbins on the way? Two? Three? Just wondering. (Okay, I already know all this. Just thought I'd leave comment)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! :) i am super happy I am in Utah this year so i did not have to decorate our place! I know i am a scruge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute! You're so domestic! =)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers