Sunday, November 15, 2009

Birthday Bash

So now that I've been 30 for a few days, I've decided to embrace it. After all, it happens to the best us! Here's a quick rundown of my big day....


The girls were nice enough to remember that it was mommies birthday (or mother's if you are Abby - something I think she picked up on from Shirley Temple....... Seriously, my grandma brings it over - I can't stop it!). I was able to get out for a run and at about mile 2 began wondering WHY I was running on my birthday! But after thinking about my waistline (curse this baby weight!!) and my birthday cake, I did finish my 3rd mile:).

Darren brought roses home and I got out of cooking dinner!! That's when the real fun started. Think back to strobe lights, music, old video games....and a lot of falling. In case you haven't caught on yet, I'm talking about ROLLER SKATING! I don't know about you, but the last time I went roller skating I was about a foot shorter and wore cool 80's glasses. We had a great time. We tried not to notice the fact that we were by far the oldest people there. I think it was after my dad attempted The Limbo that reality came rushing back. Abby and Brooklyn loved it and Jace even fell asleep despite the loud music and crazy lighting.

Then off to Grandma's to have birthday cake. The girls showed off their baking "talents" by frosting the cake and not slicing off their tongues.



My sister got hot new boots for her birthday, but really, what can compete with ancient roller skates that hundreds of people have stuffed their stinky, sweaty feet into!!



Here's to the 30's!!! (I must say, if we were to remove all the little munchkins and grab me backpack I could head off to campus - don't ya think? Actually, we'd better kick Darren out of the picture too - it's a little hard to be a young, hot-to-trot co-ed with an old has-been husband hanging around:) !

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. I didn't know you had a skating rink in town now. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers