Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween!!



We all want what we don't have. My girls are no exception and they love having their stick straight hair transformed into beautiful curls. So, the night before Halloween I twisted and rolled their hair into tiny, tiny sponge rollers.

And I mean really tiny. Too tiny. So tiny, in fact, that Abby's first comment after getting her rollers out was, "Mom, I look like the 3 Stooges." Sadly, I could not argue. If any of you are familiar with the 3 Stooges, Abby's hair looked nearly identical to Larry, the curly red head. For those of you unfamiliar with slap stick comedy, Larry's hair is parted down the middle with tight curls poofing out at the sides (and I'm talking above the ears!). For those of you wondering why my 4 and 2 year old know about the 3 Stooges I will only make one brief comment. They love them.

Of, course, I didn't tell her that I agreed with her (I'm working on keeping my comments to myself), instead I dragged her into the bathroom and took out the blow dryer to try to loosen up those curls! Darren then took Abby and Brooklyn fishing and when they came home their bouncy curls were just perfect!

Jace didn't miss out on the action - if you can't tell what his costume is think "Darren".
If that doesn't help you, think "hunting"!
Our neighbor was nice enough to get both girls a new pair of sparkly, red shoes for......well, just because! Abby actually snuck her new shoes to school in her backpack the next day. Imagine my surprise to see her coming home with her Dorothy shoes on instead of the tennis shoes she left with earlier that day!

All the emotions of a beautiful, uncooperative bride on her wedding day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers