Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Abby's turns 8!

 Abby's birthday dawned bright and early with both my girls throwing up.  Boo. We knew Brooklyn wasn't feeling well because she started around 2am with the stomach flu and we were up with her several times after that. It was pretty funny (once I think back to it that is - nothing  funny about being up to your elbows in throw up at 2 am) to hear Brooklyn talk herself through her sickness.  After she had thrown up she asked me  "Mom, do I have the pukey bug?  'Cuz I don't want the pukey bug, (voice pitch getting higher and crazier) do you think I have the pukey bug, I can't have the pukey bug, I don't want the pukey bug. (On the verge of a meltdown) Ohhhh myyyy goshhhhh.  I HAVE THE PUKEY BUG!"  My poor girl.

In fact, Abby came in and slept with me while Darren went in and slept with Brooklyn because Abby was convinced she would get Brookie's germs and she wanted none of it.  I didn't blame her.  I guess it was too little too late because at 6:00 am Abby started in with it.  Uck.
Luckily for Abby, she had a rough morning but was feeling much better by afternoon and by the end of the day she was more than ready to celebrate.  We actually only opened presents.  There was no cake.We saved that for a few days later.


Brooklyn looks pretty good in this picture.  In real life, she wasn't looking so good.  She didn't move from the couch all day and was feeling the after effects for days.


Because of all the sickness we had to postpone Abby's baptism.  We were planning on having it the night of her birthday but since that didn't work out we had it a day later.  Darren's Mom, Dad, and brother were here to help make it extra special!

Two days after Abby's bday.  Chocolate cake and chocolate frosting.  Abby also did not care for her bday cake (remember Brooklyn?) .  Seems to be a pattern here.



Some things about Abby at age 8 -
-loves to play, hates to work
-has a horse club at school with her friends.  Her horse is named Lily.
-always seems to have a loose tooth (and it's always DRAMA to get it out)
-it is becoming very apparent that we will need to have LOTS of orthodontic work done
-is very good at being "in charge" - of everything:)
-has a really great memory and is above levels in school
-likes to play the piano, especially Christmas music

Happy Birthday Abby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers