Saturday, June 9, 2012

Stars: poem by Abby

The school year has come to an end and Abby has loved being a 1st grader.  I decided to post a poem that Abby wrote this year.  When she brought it home and showed it to me I thought she had copied it from a book she had been reading but she informed that she made it up all on her own.  So just to be sure, when we met with her teacher a while later I asked her if they had been reading a book in class that Abby would have jumped off from to write her poem.  The answer was no, and I was officially impressed.  Her teacher was even hoping to try to get it published but it looks like this is as "published" as it's going to be! Anyways, here it is (just like Abby wrote it)-

Stars are twinkeling in the sky.
I can see them in my eye.
Twinkeling, twinkeling.
I can see them sourouding me.
Twinkeling, twinkeling star so bright.
I can see them every night.
When I go to bed at night you leave in the morning light.
Once again I see you  in the night so bright.
I love to see the stars at night from young to old.
Twinkeling, twinkeling stars so bright.
I like to see the stars at night.

By:
Abby Robbins

I'm one proud mama!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Abby! She did tell me she wanted ti be a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She must take after her Auntie Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers