Monday, December 5, 2011

Brooklyn turns 5!!

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! It was Brooklyn's birthday on November 26 and we had lots of people visiting to help celebrate! Here's my big 5 year old opening presents. (That's uncle Philip in the background). I should mention that her favorite present came from Grandma Lu. An 18" doll with a bunch of different outfits. Abby also got one for her early bday present. And since everyone was getting presents from Grandma Lu, she made sure Jace got one too. He got Woody from Toy Story. Spoiled is what I say!


Grandma Dena carried on the tradition of getting both my girls church dresses. This another of Abby's early bday presents.




YAY! Brooklyn is 5!!



Brooklyn was actually quite nervous to be turning 5. And those are the words she used. "Mom, I'm a little nervous to turn 5." She thought she would feel different. And she had a lot of fun as a 4 year old - she wasn't sure she wanted to leave those years behind! In fact, when she found out that she didn't "officially" turn 5 until 3 o'clock in the afternoon, she was sure to let people who called to wish her a happy birthday know that she wasn't quite 5 yet.
Luckily, once 3:01 hit she realized going from 4 to 5 wasn't such a huge transformation and she was good with!

I know that the birthday cake is nothing spectacular but I tried to find a cake I thought Brooklyn would like - cake is not her favorite thing. So this is the recipe she chose (what my college room-mates and I dubbed "Better than Peck on a Cheek" cake ) and it has whipped cream on top. Hard to decorate. So she got sugar letters! At any rate, Brooklyn did eat her cake and loved it. Or so she said. She only had the one piece and didn't want any of the leftovers but the fact that she actually finished her piece of cake says a lot for her!




Here's everyone at the party - my brother Philip, Jace, Brooklyn, Abby, my dad, Darren, Grampa Sim, Uncle Sim Arthur (my dad's brother), my mom, and Grandma Lu. There are no pictures of me at the party. With just over 4 weeks left in this pregnancy I'm ok with that!


Happy Birthday Brookie! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers