Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oh Chicago!

So a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find myself traveling.......alone. Well, not really alone alone - I had my mom and dad with me. But alone as in no little chubby fingers pulling at my shirt. No children whining about needing snacks. No fighting in the back of my car about who is copying who.

I was alone.

Headed to Chicago! To meet up with my sisters! Wahooo! Girls only trip (plus sugar daddy:) He was invaluable to us by watching Heather's 3 month old baby while we girls took off to see a Broadway Musical.

That's right. "Wicked" was playing in Bre's neighborhood so we planned an entire trip around this one event. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me so we didn't even get a picture with the billboard. I have a couple of shots on my phone but I don't know how transfer them to my computer....Actually I don't think I have the proper equipment. Oh well.

Here we all are after the show - this is taken by a professional photographer from Skips (Bre's husband) office. Hence the office in the background. We were visiting Skip. Don't we look cute?




Everyone thought this was my first baby....that's what happens when you travel alone :)

Here we are in our hotel room in Chicago. We left Bre's house in Peoria to stay a couple of nights in Chicago. We wanted the city experience! We stayed right on Michigan Ave. (aka the "Magnificent Mile") and magnificent it was! And busy. Extremely people/traffic busy. But talk about shopping!!!! An entire mile of shopping. Too bad I am very pregnant.......





Here we are at Navy Pier. Me, Bre, Heather, Shayli and my mom. This was right after I got the phone call from Darren saying he was taking my little Jace to the emergency room.


Huh?


Talk about things falling apart when mom's not home! Apparently Jace got very sick (throwing up and dry heaving on top of a cold) and despondant. Anyways, he couldn't breathe well and needed to get some antibiotics. At any rate, I was a worried mother for part of the day while things got figured out.

Since my dad was taking the girls picture I got one of him by himself! Looking good!





Here I am at the top of our hotel. We stayed on the 33rd floor - YIKES! But what a view!




I'm also wearing my "twin jacket" in this picture. Heather has a matching one. We bought them together on the Magnificent Mile at a magnificent price! They are our Chicago twin jackets. We also have matching jackets from our Seattle trip earlier this year. You could say it's become tradition:)


Here is the Silver Man, as I call him. He had some mooooves. We didn't want to stay too long though - he had a way of picking out the ladies and asking for tips. We were too broke at the point to help a brotha out.


The famous popcorn store. At least I'm told it's famous. I hadn't ever heard of it but they did have good popcorn. And a line that never left. I told Heather and Bre to smile but they obviously didn't hear me...




One of my favorite shots of the trip. He was stopped at a stoplight. It took some quick acting to get this shot! And we managed to get one of Heather too. Everyone else kept going without us.


That was when we got lost. I should say the first time we got lost. It was hard to navigate in the city with all those skyscrapers around us.......





And then we headed home. And our girls weekend +dad was over.


I have not been alone since:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers