Friday, August 12, 2011

Jace turns 2

Jace's birthday was July 26. We had to celebrate early because we were headed to UT so this was actually a week before his birthday. Jace didn't mind! We were driving to ID on his birthday so it was good to get it celebrated early. He also got presents from Grandma Dena when we got to UT so it was more like a birthday week.

Here we are opening presents. The girls were great helpers, of course.



We let the girls earn money so they could buy Jace a birthday present and this is the one Brooklyn picked out. It's a microphone. Abby chose a ball that has water and glitter inside. He loved both of them!



Here's the crew. Grandma Lu, Darren, Pa (my dad), Grandpa Sim and the kids. I was taking the picture (like usual:) and my mom was in CA with Heather and her new baby so she wasn't around.



The birthday cake was not a birthday cake....Jace doesn't like cake (or at least hasn't been eating it lately) so I decided to try something different. He LOVES fruit so I made one of my favorite desserts - Pavlova! I learned about this dessert at one of the restaurants I used to work at and it's fabulous (if you love sugar anyway;). It's a meringue shell filled with fruit (strawberries, blue berries, and raspberries), and whipped cream. Mmmmm, yummy. I will say not everyone agrees with me (booo, some people can't handle sweets...) but I think it went over fairly well. Jace loved it (or at least tolerated it) and that's really all that matters!

Some things about Jace at 2:

He's starting to say more and more words. Some of his favorites : Abby, Cookie (for Brooklyn since we call her Brookie alot it's his way of saying it - very cute I might add), hungry, WOW, scary, and Scooby-Dooby Doo are a few.

He's very in to things being "scawy" and runs to me anytime he deems it too scary to cope - such as when he's left alone downstairs or he hears noises outside.

He LOVES baths, 4 wheelers (he rode them at Grandpa Ed's), boats, and motorcycles. He's also very good at riding his scooter and we can get a lot of walking done while he's riding that thing!

He's pretty good at sleeping all night but still goes through phases of getting up - I know. Wait 'til I move him to a big boy bed. I'm dreading it.

He's been a fairly finicky eater lately but loves any kind of fruit, lasagna, mac and cheese, and go-gurt. He's obsessed with otter pops and drinks of any kind except milk.

Happy Birthday Jace! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers