Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow

It's a SNOW DAY!!

Imagine my surpise when my phone woke me up at 6:00 am to tell me that school had been canceled. Imagine my bigger surprise when I looked out the window to see nothing!.....No snow, no drizzle, no nothing. What is going on here? Well I snuck into Abby's room and turned off the alarm anyway (hey, who am I to question higher authorities?) and went back to bed. An hour later we were up again and the snow and made it's arrival!! And now at 3 in the afternoon the snow has come in, set down it's luggage and is making itself right at home.

We decided to make the most of it by heading out right away. It was cold. Really cold. I wasn't wearing gloves because what kind of photographer wears gloves when capturing ice cold moments? My hands were frozen in no time. And now I know for sure had I been one of the pioneers crossing these freezing cold plains I would have been done. No doubt about it. I really can't believe how many of them survived! Anyhoo, moving on to...

Snow Angels!


Brooklyn was the only one brave enough to lay down in the snow. She did a pretty good job of it!





Here's Abby. The poor girl has been sick since last week and was so excited to finally go to school today (she missed Friday and Monday) and what do you know. No school. Oh well, plenty of play time with Brooklyn and Jace!



Here's the little guy. He had been itching to get in this snow since he woke up. Unfortunately, I had to dress him in the only snowpants we have in his size - they just happen to be pink. He didn't mind:) We weren't able to stay out too long and what a mess when we came back in but hey, it's snow! It doesn't happen very often here in Lamar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers