Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life at the Robbins

Just a quick update to let you know what's been going on.....

1. I've completed not one, or two, but several "better than nothing" workouts in the last few weeks. And I don't feel the least bit guilty about it:)

2. Jace has been doing the usual - methodical destruction. He uses the time I spend cleaning up one mess to create another.

3. Brooklyn's favorite saying as of late (in a very breathy, dramatic voice) - "Mom. Never let go...." And no, she has not seen Titanic.

4. I've recently been told that my rear end looks like it could use a little more "roundness".......

5. Every time Darren's parents come to my house my kids are sicker than they've been since the last time Grandma and Grandpa came. Grandma Dena called to check in today and I was happy to report healthy kids. Tonight as I got the girls ready for bed I discovered that Abby was running a fever. Apparently the Grandma/Grandpa virus is contagious through the phone now.

6. Abby walks to the school bus stop every morning with some older kids. After she left the other day I noticed her lunch box still sitting on the counter. I quickly checked out the window, saw that she was just a few houses down, pulled on my boots and took off after her. The problem was that the garbage man was also on my block, in fact I could hear his laughter as I ran by. Abby couldn't hear me calling after her over the all noise. So I continued my morning sprint all the way to the main road. At which point my neighbors began driving by. Did I mention I was also still in my pajamas? Abby did finally get her peanut butter sandwich. Thank goodness.

7. Darren started his diet a few days ago. That means I'm off the hook for dinner for the next few weeks!!! Oh, don't worry, I'll still feed my kids:)

8. I've been dominating in Words With Friends (on my ipod).........until this week. The game's rigged. That's all I'm saying.

9. Abby has been obsessed with drawing mermaids with "shells". I'm not sure how I feel about that.

10. And finally, did I mention I'm going on a cruise in March? Yahoooooo!! The countdown begins!

1 comment:

  1. I'd hardly say "dominating".....and if you think this game's rigged then I think the first few games we had were. And "rounder"? Who? Not moi?

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers