Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brooklyn's Haircut

Disclaimer: The red, sparkly, vinyl barstool that you see in this post does not stay in my kitchen. Its home is in the basement and goes with the red tiled bar that I had nothing to do with. They came with the house!!


So, I've finally done it. It was a must. It has taken, oh I don't know, at least a year of prepping. What am I talking about? Brooklyn's haircut. Brooklyn loves her long hair. And she wants it to stay very loooong. The last time I cut/trimmed Brooklyn's hair was a year ago and she was so excited to get her haircut until the first golden locks fell. And then the tears fell right along with the rest of her hair. And after we were done, she cried over the garbage can where her limp, lifeless hair lay.
Well, now her hair is much longer. It's been growing for an entire year after all. But, she wouldn't let me come near her with scissors. Every time I thought we could get a little trim in Brooklyn would say something like," You can cut my hair as long as you don't use the hair cutters." Or "I do want a haircut. Maybe tomorrow mom. But not today."
So last week I just did it. I got her out of the tub and put her on the barstool and told her how fun it would be and that hair cutters do not hurt. We started off pretty well. And this is what she looked like a couple of minutes into it.......

My poor, dramatic little Brooklyn!



I don't know why she hates haircuts, I just know that she does. She hasn't had a tramautic experience with haircuts or scissors or anything. I guess it's just one of those things and I should be grateful she isn't a boy!
This was all the happiness she could muster so soon after her ordeal.


And after all was said and done she saw this. And the tears started again.......

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger

Followers