Thursday, March 11, 2010

Abby's Skirts


Lately Abby has been very particular about what she wears. I may have mentioned this in a previous post. She is no longer able to wear just in anything. In fact, most days she has to wear a skirt. Not for the fashion statement although she looks darn cute. No, it's for the comfort factor. All of her brand new, hardly been worn jeans "don't feel comfortable".

I don't really care what Abby wears as long as she wears something and her outfit looks fairly cohesive. She's actually gotten pretty good at choosing her outfits. Like I said, most days there are no problems with this system. But on other days we have big problems. Days that I forget to, say, do the laundry. And Abby is left with too-stiff-what-a-waste-of-my-money-never-been-worn-jeans. Well, on one of these particular days I told Abby that I was sure she had one skirt left in her drawer (albeit a little snug) but no leggings. She was just going to have to be a bit chilly until her clothes got out of the dryer. Her response?

"NO Mommy! I can't pull that skirt up. It makes my hands go (sob) sour!"

Sour? Really. That sounds bad.

We ended up just unbuttoning and unzipping the skirt so Abby's sour hands could work better. Problem deflected for the time being!

We were also at Abby's preschool a couple of nights ago for Make It Take It Night. We made windsocks. And while we were at it we were able to quiz Abby's teachers about how Abby really acts at school. They were telling us all about Abby setting the fashion trends with her little friends. Apparently all the little girls have started wearing skirts and coming to Abby for advice about how they look. Does it really start this young? Actually I can answer that myself. No. It starts younger. Just ask Brooklyn!

1 comment:

  1. I think your blogger is messed up. i just saw this post yesterday and I left a comment. Today no comment. This comment is void of wit and humor due to the fact that it may never be seen.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers