Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Darren!

I've been waiting this whole week to blog about my Valentines Day (or I should really say our Valentines Day) and finally sat down to do it. I got out the camera, got my pictures downloaded to the computer and with one quick accidental finger move I've deleted the whole weekend.....and Darren's birthday party pictures that happened a few days ago!
AAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!
How annoying. So no pictures but here's a rundown of our family happenings.
For Valentine's Day I thought it would be fun to do something together as a family. So we decided to have picnic in the living room. We've done this one other time and the girls think it's great and I think it's great when I don't have to cook:). We put an old blanket down on the living room floor, got some Quiznos, put in the Little Mermaid and had a great night. On Monday night Darren and I went out to eat without the kids and that about sums it up! Nothing too exciting but we did at least acknowledge the Day of Love.
Darren's birthday was on Sunday (the 21st) and he insisted we not do anything for it. I obviously ignored his one birthday wish and made him the yummiest chocolate cake with buttercream chocolate frosting. And we even added pink, white, and red heart sprinkles "to show daddy how much we love him" according to Abby. I, of course, agreed. Too bad I can't show you how nice my chocolate cake looked (bonehead move!) but I'm sure you can imagine. Darren was lucky enough to get a nice package of no show socks and I'm not sure who was more excited about it - me or him. I was excited just to find something at Walmart that qualified as a birthday present (and yes I do know that socks are a lame present but keep reading)! Darren was excited because now he doesn't have to wear his socks for 3 days in a row before washing them (and no, I did not know that he has been doing this for months.) For some reason I never realized I only folded 2 pairs of his socks in our weekly laundry. Disgusting, I know. However, Darren just thinks he's being green:) Happy Birthday Darren!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers