Thursday, February 4, 2010

Brooklyn's Obsessions

Now that Abby has started Pre-school, Brooklyn has had a lot of time to play on her own. She's gotten pretty good at being able to find things to do. I love that she can entertain herself for awhile.

But she's not so good at finishing up her "projects" or cleaning up after herself. So this (photo below) is a daily occurance at my house. There are varying degrees of, shall we say, "constructive play" all over my humble abode. Brooklyn loves to sit in her closet and find as many small, colorful objects as possible. She gathers these objects and then finds other things to put them in. Baskets, purses, bowls, rubber maid bins (that are, by the way, for the sole purpose of organization. Hmmmm.) Anything goes. And once she has "lots and lots" of itty, bitty things gathered it gets dumped somewhere in my house. And then the game is over. And then I step on these things. Because I can't see where I'm stepping. Because I generally have a baby blocking the view of my feet.

It's driving me crazy!!


This was a lucky day. Her collection actually made it off the floor!






This small object obsession has also carried over into clips to keep her hair pretty. Again, a daily occurrance.




Dramatic facial expressions. Yep. Daily.



Classic Brooklyn.



Did I mention mood swings? Well, they happen at my house and contrary to what my good husband thinks, they are not all by his wife. In fact, I'm more than a little worried about the teenage years. All these pictures were taken within about 5 minutes of each other. If you can't tell I'm about to get yelled at in this next picture. I can't really remember what happened but I do know that I made it much worse by taking pictures during her little tirade!! (And I heard all about it!)

Here I'm being told off. I'm pretty sure she's saying something to this effect. "You don't take pictures of me when I'm mad." Exclamation point.



What can I say? I just love my little Brookie!!


3 comments:

  1. Mom thought reading this post would jog some memories of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, this is so cute. Brooklyn is getting so big. Hmmm, the object collections and multiple bows are all to familiar. By the way, what song is she singing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you linds! To answer your question Brooklyn is singing "Love Story" by Taylor Swift....the girls loooove it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers