Sunday, June 1, 2014

Butterfly Pavilion

This May we were able to spend a few days in Denver with the kids seeing the sites and hitting up fun places we haven't been to.  Darren was busy taking continuing education classes which meant I had the kids on my own!  
One of the days we hit up the Butterfly Pavilion.  It was so much fun!  The first thing that greeted us was an opportunity to hold Rosie- The tarantula!


I apparently didn't get a good picture of the actual spider.....But she's about to crawl on Brooklyn's hand.


Jace was excited to prove to his sisters he could do it.  And he did.


Abby is a born creature-lover so this is right up her alley.


Colby wasn't cooperating in the picture taking...The kids are in front of a beehive!  You can see the inner workings of what's happening.  With the safety of a piece of plexiglass between us and the bees.   I thought it was amazing.  The kids though it was just ok.


There was a small aquarium.  We found Nemo!


And felt a starfish.


(Finally I get a picture of Colby)



I spent a lot of time picking the little man up so he had a good view.


And through the looking glass you can see us....I think Brooklyn took this on the other side of the aquarium.




And then on to the real butterfly pavilion!


My girls LOVE butterflies (so do my boys, really) so this was extremely exciting and spectacular.




Again, Abby has some knack with insects.  We aren't suppose to pick up the butterflies but what can you do when they come for you (bad boys - just kidding.  I don't really even know the song).  Anyhoo, this bad boy (hahaha) just landed on Abby.  She must have some special scent.




We loved hanging out with the butterflies and will have to go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers