Saturday, January 11, 2014

Colby's 2nd Birthday


Somebody turned 2!!

In celebration of Colby's 2nd birthday, I decided to give him his heart's desire - a basketball cake.  He didn't exactly ask for it in words (although he could - it was one of his very first words ((I kid you not - balliball)), but it is his very favorite pastime.  So I knew he would be thrilled.  And then I autographed (or forged really) his name on the basketball.  With his number (2 of course).  I thought I was ingenious. Which I was;)
But then Colby wouldn't even smile at his basketball cake.  I couldn't believe it!  This was as good as it got.  Before the party started that is.  It got a little better down the road.


Here's Colby opening his presents.  Helpful sisters by his side.


He didn't get anything really fantastic.  He is the 4th child after all and gets all his hand me down's from Jace.  He's pretty set as it is.  



Here Colby is starting to warm up.  A little bit.  He's at least pretending to look at the camera...


Then we added the candles!  That was exciting!


Here's the whole crew.  I decided I'd better start getting out from behind the cameara every once in a while so posterity knows I existed.  Which means Darren is missing.  Oh well.


And look.  A real, happy smile!!  And cute too.


Brooklyn decided to help out with a little tickle of her own.  


Colby is sizing up the flame situation.  He knows he has to blow.


Blow Colby, blow!  
He ended up have lots of help.  Including a big spit from Jace.  That's in the video we took.  Well, what can you expect?


I was just thrilled that he LOVED his cake.  Because I didn't know what to expect about that.  You never know from Mr. Colby.  He has what we call a picky palate.


Some things about Colby at age 2:
-he loves basketball and is quite amazing at shooting (on his little tikes)
-even loves to watch basketball
-he is loud
-he loves to wrestle and give neck hugs
-he ends up in bed with us nearly every night (none of our other kids did this!)
-he is a super picky eater - and I'm blaming it all on the Robbin's (and I think I'm justified)
-he loves all fruit
--will not eat most meat (every once in awhile will eat popcorn chicken or chicken nuggets)
-climbs everything and gets into trouble with most of his climbing - the candy cupboard is a favorite
-still takes a 2 hour nap (sometimes longer) but then is up until 9:30 or 10 at night
-cries at the end of every Sacrament Meeting (as soon as the prayer is said) knowing he's going to nursery
-is a mama's boy and is always asking where I am
-hates getting his hair washed but loves a bath

Happy Birthday Colby!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers