Friday, August 30, 2013

Room-mate Reunion

This summer I was soooo lucky to be able to get together with almost all of my old room-mates from college.  Can you say "fun"!!

Here we are just getting together and our first stop was our old stomping grounds of the Elms Apartments.  We spent the first year out of the dorms living here and a second after that.

 We decided to mosy on over to the very apartment that we first moved into and reminisce.  Here we are (minus my cousin who showed up to the reunion too late for the Elms).  106B Girls

 Then we decided to take a picture in the stairwell just like we did in our college days.  In fact, it was this very picture I'm referencing that landed me one of my "boyfriends".  He saw it hanging in my next door neighbors apartment and "had to meet me".  I said ok.  If I wasn't so lazy I would look up the old picture just to show you how well we've all aged.  But that seems like too much hassle right now.  So I won't.  Trust me.  We all Look. The. Same.


And then we did the unthinkable.  We knocked.  And were let in!  So we trooped through and found our old bedroom.  Voila!  Oh, the memories.


And sat on our old couch.  We have lots of pictures from the old days of this set up right here.  Nothing has changed.  Except that they did have a new couch. And a small remodel through the kitchen and bathrooms.  So kind of a lot had changed.  But this view right here (with us covering the couch and that old wooden table in front)  makes it all look the same.


Next we headed to Chipman Hall.  These were the dorms where we all met!  That's my sister and me.  We were giddy happy to be back to the good old days.



I have more pictures inside where the fun took place but I won't bore you anymore with places of residence.  I sort of feel like my dad when I start on that.
Afterwards we headed for some pizza at the Brick Oven, which is just across the street from The Elms.  I would like to have said I frequented this place while in college but really I was too cheap to eat there.  Good food.  Unfriendly college budget.  

We headed up to Park City after lunch to do some Outlet shopping and it was our lucky day!  We scored free tickets to Olympic Park.  Seriously.  
We could hardly believe our good fortune.

Here I am getting ready to do the Alpine Slide.  For free.


Next I decided to try out the zipline.  For free.


It really was fantastic.  The best part was just hanging out with all the girls.  And getting free entertainment:)
When we got back to the cabin we decided to go night 4 wheeling.  I had a crazy driver and tried not to let my life flash before me and just enjoy the moment.  It was difficult.  But I managed.  And we did make it home safe and sound.


We did lots of sewing, talking, and even threw a surprise baby shower!  I can't believe how much you can get done when there aren't children around!!  Until next reunion!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers