Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness

Go BYU Cougars!! Last weekend my family got caught up in March Madness and headed up to Denver to see the 3rd round of the NCAA basketball tournaments! BYU happened to make it there and we all caught Jimmer fever!


Here are my brothers Daniel, Travis, and Philip and my dad before the start of the game.



And here is the other side of the group - my dad, me and my mom. If you've noticed that Darren is missing....it's true. He was awesome enough to stay at the hotel with the kids and watch it on the big screen. And just as a sidenote, I did offer up my seat to my good hubby and he declined. He wanted me to be with my family:)


The people in front of us are looking for a wad money - he informed us that he doesn't lose anything - especially not money and was blaming the student section from the last game with whom he had "had words" for taking it. He was also anti-BYU and even more anti-Jimmer. It was pretty fun just to watch him sit and stew as Jimmer knocked down 3's all game! Ha!



The BYU flags.




Cheerleaders I took a picture of solely for my little Brooklyn. If you're wondering just how close we were let me tell you......row 5!!! We actually started a little higher than that but made our way down to a student section that had emptied out the game before - how awesome is that!



My brothers with the sign they made before the game. They were so hoping to get on TV and it so didn't happen! But the good news is that their sign made it on the Top 10 Signs of the Thursday, Saturday games! It came in at a respectable number 5!





On our walk back to the car I snapped this picture of the city.




The next day we went swimming at the hotel. The kids looooove to swim and the whole trip was worth it just to get to swim for an hour or so. Proof that Darren was here!




The girls with Uncle Philip. They can't believe they had to leave all of their fun, fun uncles and come back home with boring mom and dad.




The pool was pretty cold for little Jace and his lips kept turning blue but he refused to get out of the pool. So I turned on this pool shower for him and once he got in the warm water he never left it. In fact, I started to feel bad about all the water that he was using but he let me have it if I turned it off! I had to wait for everybody to get done swimming and then shut off the water, wrap him in a towel, run out the door and to the elevator. Lucky for him, he needed soap, so he got back in the shower once we got to the room........




We didn't pack anyone's suits so we ran out and bought the girls new ones for the summer the day before (which they needed anyway) but poor Jace just got stuck with a swim diaper. He didn't mind:)




What a cutie! The only thing that could have made this post better was if BYU had won their last game!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad, so sad. We had fun cheering them on while it lasted!


Fredette About It!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers