Tuesday, December 7, 2010

November Birthdays!

Happy Birthday to me!! And to Brooklyn! But first we'll tackle my birthday (which won't take very long!). My birthday landed on a Saturday this year and we celebrated by Darren going hunting:) My man did not fail me and brought me home a nice plump goose to take care of. Or I should say several. Since it was birthday I refused to touch them and went back to baking my cake! Anway, while I was baking my cake, my girls were over at my neighbors house baking me cupcakes. Surprise! Suffice it to say we had plenty of cake! Aren't they beautiful?



I invited Bat Girl and Wonder Woman to my party and they were a hit! I bought these costumes at the after Halloween sale at Walmart for $4,99 and was so excited for the girls to wear them. Abby loved hers from the get go. Brooklyn broke down in tears when I showed her Bat Girl.


"You want me to wear that black costume? But it's all black!" Sob, sob, sob.


Anyway, I told her that she was only invited to my birthday party if she was a superhero.......

(Oh, relax, I wasn't really going to hold her to it. But it worked;)


And now, she loves being Bat Girl. It's hard not to with me singing the Batman theme in the background! So here are my Super Girls!



Happy Birthday! I'm not sure why Darren didn't join us in this picture, but he was there.




Now moving on to Brooklyn's Birthday! She turned 4 years old and has been looking forward to this birthday for a long time!


We had Grandma Suzette, and Pa (my mom and dad), and Grandma Lu and Grandpa Sim (my grandparents) over to celebrate.



This is Brooklyn's new coat from Grandma Suzette and Pa and her new boots from us. And no, I didn't ask her to pose for me. These things just come natural to her! Very conscientious of fashion and looking good!




Here's Jace, Abby and the birthday girl. Grandma is holding Jace - sorry for cutting off your head mom!
Brooklyn asked for a rainbow cake - again! This is the 3rd rainbow caked we've done in our house and the second for Brooklyn, so we decided to use skittles instead of frosting this go around for something different. Brooklyn loved helping make the rainbow.




Things about Brooklyn at age 4:


As I've said before, she loves looking "beautiful". She can spend all morning getting dressed up, fixing her hair, putting on her play make-up, etc.

Jeans are not an option.

She wants to go to school very badly.

She loves going to our neighbors house to visit and would go every day if I let her!

She just reached 40 lbs and has graduated to a booster seat.

She is very tenderhearted and can get her feelings hurt easily.

She's our most cuddly child by far. And also most dramatic! She has facial expressions like you wouldn't believe!

She loves going to the gymnastics open gym every Monday.

She is getting more picky about what she eats (she used to eat anything) and at the moment hates anything with noodles.
.
Pink is her favorite color.
.
She loves watching Tinkerbelle movies, Barbie movies, and Scooby Doo.
.
Painting fingernails is a favorite past-time.
.
Happy Birthday to my big 4 year old! We love you!






4 comments:

  1. OH! I love your Superhero Birthday Party. Tell Brooklyn her new coat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Wonder Woman Underoos mean anything to you????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda!
    Heather - they mean everything.....

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers