Saturday, October 2, 2010

What Are Little Boys Made Of?

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of!

And mud. Lots of it!


I read somewhere recently that children who have experienced many different kinds of textures, aka mud, in the first 18 months of life have a higher IQ than children who did not.
So I let Jace have at it. Ok, not really. I mean, I really did read about the said study but that isn't why I let him play in the mud. He just did it. He was only squishing it around at first, and although I was cringing, I thought it was probably good hands-on play. I was naive enough to think he could handle playing in it cleanly for longer than 10 seconds. I blinked and this is what I got. Jace shampooing his hair with mud. I didn't even know he could shampoo his hair. See! Getting smarter already!

And then he showed me how he could climb up a ladder and go down a slide without any help. I didn't know he could do that either! I can just see his IQ rising!



This is Jace hollering out of sheer joy. And why not? It was a good day to be a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers